Shawn
Shawn, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  PA Certified Inspection emissions, ASE Brakes Suspension, Lead diagnostic Tech.20 years exp
9265294

run fine..ignition switch..mass air flow meter has been swapped

Customer Question

97 Jimmy intermitantlly will not start on damp cool mornings this has gotten worse over time.Then I come back in the afternoon and it starts right up and run fine all day long.Start it drive it fine then a few days later in the morning it will not start.The ignition switch has been changed and the mass air flow meter has been swapped with my other jimmy but it is the same.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shawn replied 8 years ago.
Customer

If you have not changed over the distributer cap and rotor recently you will want to remove the cap and check its condition. Some of the distributers in these engines are suseptable to moisture and will turn the contacts inside the cap a blue/green color. If you find corrosion in the cap replace the cap and rotor, check the plugs and replace if worn.

If you have recently done a tune up or the cap and rotor look ok, look into the coolant temp sensor and the intake air temp sensor. Check the coolant level and be sure it is full, low coolant will give a false reading to the coolant sensor.

Shawn