Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness

MY 97..wet or damp mornings.It cranks..starts right..Mass air flow

Customer Question

MY 97 Jimmy will not start on some wet or damp mornings.It cranks over fine.The mechanic I brought it to said it seemed to have gas and spark but would not start.Then if you try it in the afternoon it starts right up.It is tuned up and we tried the Mass air flow meter but still does the [email protected]
Category: Car
Expert:  Ted G. replied 8 years ago.
Usually this is due to a bad distributor cap or plug wires. Try this, on a warm afternoon when the truck will start, get a spray bottle with water in it and mist it over the distributor area and then the plug wires. If it won't start or runs rough, that's your problem.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The truck is well tune recently and does nott need a tune up I need expert help not this
Expert:  Ted G. replied 8 years ago.
A tune up does not include a cap, rotor or wires any more like the old days, I am giving you an easy, free way to find your problem.