FixItMan, Master Technician

2003 Cadillac Deville: 000 miles..My air conditioner..passenger door

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Cadillac Deville with 60,000 miles. My air conditioner is having a problem--sometimes the fan will come on and sometimes it will not. If it don't come on sometimes I can close the passenger door and it will come on. I have changed the air filter and that did not stop the problem. Do you have any suggestions .
Category: Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer it sounds like either the blower motor or the motor resistor is shorting out. You would need to check for power at the blower when this happens. If there is no power then it is most likely the resistor. If there is power then the blower is the problem. The blower is located on the passengerside of the vehicle underneath the lower dash cover.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So would I need to replace the blower or the resistor. I thought that maybe it was the one of the sensors.
Expert:  FixItMan replied 8 years ago.
Yes you would need to replace whichever one is bad. To eliminate one you will need a voltage meter.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your advice--If this is the problem I will gladly accept your advice and give you the proper feedback and give you the payment. Thanks again and you will hear from me soon.
Expert:  FixItMan replied 8 years ago.
Great, let me know what you find.