gunny44
gunny44, technician/shop foreman
Experience:  40 years experience, engine diagnose, transmissions, Ford, Pontiac, GM, Isuzu, 12 years with Kia
11374595

Kia sorento: XXXXX XXXXX with 2 fans 1 fan has been running all day

i have a kia sorrento 03 plate with 2 fans 1 fan has been running all day and ran my battery flat so i have taken the fuse out for now please could someone tell me what this is so i can put right thank you.
Category: Car
Expert:  gunny44 replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer/p>

There are two possibilities for this. The most common is a stuck relay causing the fan to get voltage. Under the hood there is a relay box on the left (drivers) side. Pop off the top cover and find 2 fan relays. One relay is for the regular coolant fan which is on the left(driver). The other relay may say ac fan which controls the fan on the right. If removing these relays doesn't stop the fan there is a possibe electrical wiring problem. Check with a Kia dealer and if you are under 60k miles it should be under warranty.

Please accept if this answers your question or get back to me for more help.

Regards Gunny44