Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes
10437779

2000 xkr: convertible..extended warranty..Only 24,000 miles.....also

Customer Question

I'm in the process of buying a 2000 xkr convertible...should I purchase an extended warranty (vehicle service contract) ? Would an "Easy Care Gold" cover what is "likely" to be a problem? Only 24,000 miles on car, no reports on car fax...also I need the most reliable and honest service/repair provider in or around the zip code 70806. Thanks, KC
Category: Car
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Overall the 2000 XKR is a very solid vehicle. If buying the extended contract make sure it covers the electronic throttle body unit. The throttle has to be replaced as an assembly and is very expensive. Most waranty contracts that we deal with do not cover this. Also make sure that the electronic modules in the car are covered (ABS/DSC, and body/security modules). The electronics arE the weak spot on those vehicles.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX a service provider (refer back to original question) KC
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

There is the Jaguar dealer in Baton Rouge. As far as other repair shops you will need to ask them if they have experience with Jags. If they do not it will cost just as much if not more to have them repair your vehicle then the dealer.