ASEtech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Air, Electrical, Drivetrain, Computer, Drivabuility, Brakes, Suspension, Performance.

1994 Ford Explorer: upshift..automatic but it will shift..2wd

The transmission does not upshift,it is an automatic but it will shift into the 1st and 2nd manual ranges and reverse.The car is a 1994 Ford Explorer,2WD,4.0L.
Category: Car
Expert:  ASEtech replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I did fill out the info but ok here it is again.It is a 1994 Ford explorer 2WD 4.0L engine.
Expert:  ASEtech replied 8 years ago.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thus far it is at 92,743 but I am not sure if it has clocked over once already.
Expert:  ASEtech replied 8 years ago.
OK there are a lot of miles on the trans wich opens up a whole new can of worms. The valve body and the circuit controll solinoids could be gummed up. there are a lot of things that could be happening wiht the electronic control unity as well. If the vehicle is equipped with an ECT you need to make sure that it is functioning properly. Is the check engine light on? Have you pulled any codes from the ECU?
Go to this page and subscribe. It is affordable and easy to deal with. This will give you home troubleshooting help as far as diagrams and part location.

See if the car is displaying any codes and get back to me.