ASEtech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Air, Electrical, Drivetrain, Computer, Drivabuility, Brakes, Suspension, Performance.

1999 Grand Am: power windows..plastic pieces..metal guides..cables

1999 Grand Am, power windows, driver side window fell down, how do I hook it back up to the raising and lowering machinism? I've had it apart and installed the plastic pieces on the bottom of the glass that attach to the metal guides that keep the window straight, but how do I attach the cables for raising the window?
Category: Car
Expert:  ASEtech replied 8 years ago.
My advise to you is to not play around with this too much. Napa Auto parts sells remanufactured window regulators as a one peice install. Get yourself a new regulator install it, return the core and call it a day. Leave the rebuilding to the folks that do it for a living. This is the easiest answer to your problem and is a guarenteed fix.

Most shops do it this way, even the dealerships I have worked for. It saves you the headache of dealing with more old parts breaking after you make the repairs.

Thanks for visiting JustAnswer.