MR. FIX IT
MR. FIX IT, Mechanic
Experience:  10 years of tearing down and putting back together

signal lights..shorted..you step on the brakes, and only happens

Customer Question

I have apark avenue ultra the signal lights seem to shorted at dusk when you step on the brakes, and only happens at duskor when it's darker out. it' a 1998
Category: Car
Expert:  MR. FIX IT replied 5 years ago.
have you checked the bulbs to make sure there not shorting
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Everything works fine , this only happens at dusk everytime, if you step on the brakes
and put on the signal lights.During the day they work fine.It seems to be activated by darknesss

Please help
Customer

are your markers on though turing the day though

if it happens once your markers come on than a bulb can be crooked

you might also have a wire groundingout somewere you can use a multimeter to check that using the ohm meter and see if there is none to little resistance between any of the two points on the power sides also check if there grounding out by checking them with the ground

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Please Note:
I am driving down the highway, everything works great,signal lights and breaking lights work fine.

Once night time comes or it gets cloudy or darker out, I then put the signals on to turn, apply my breaks to slow down the signals flash rapidly, and it effects the other lights. This only happens when it starts to get dark out.

but what im asking is are your marker lights on or off when it happens i need to know that for examlp are your head lights on or off
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Please note:
All lights work great during the day,once dusk comes or it gets dark or
cloudy out,if you put the signal lights on to turn once you apply the brakes
to slow down the signals start to flash rapidly and are dim.

Also in daylight and i'm parked the car is off,if i pull on the headlights
put the signals on,everything is fine once i put the break on the signals
start to flash rapidly again.
It seems that when the sensor comes on or manualy put the headlights
on it effects the signal lights and break light.

ok its happening when your headlights are on and you push the breaks
trust me i know it dont make much sense but it really sounds like one of your taillights is shorting i hightly doubt its a sensor if its when your lights are on

check the brake light- taillight bulbs for proper conection if the conections from the bulb to the harness are touching in two spots it will cause theses kind of issues in other words
if one side or the other is backfeeding it will cause them to do strange things like you might even have your dash lights flash dim to bright

i would say check the bulbs if you havent done
i know it sounds too simple to be the problem but it normally is

let me know you dont have to replace them yet just check them you can remove one side and see is the other acts up and then try the other or get one bulb and try it on oth sides

MR. FIX IT, Mechanic
Experience: 10 years of tearing down and putting back together
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

MR. Fix It
The bulbs were ok,but in the process of checking these,doing what you said
i found a broken wire in the trunk. You were right it was someyhing simple

Thanks
no problem and if you could leave feedback and thanks for using just answer if you have any more problems i will more than glad to assist