jeffrey590
jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.
11029438

Lincoln Ls: running ok..sputtering..it shut off and wouldnt start up

Can you tell me why my Lincoln Ls will not start at all.It was running ok yesterday then towards the afternoon when I started it up it was sorted of sputtering and it would go and stop ,then it shut off and wouldn't start up again
Category: Car
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 8 years ago.
GreetingsCustomer

You will need to check if you have fuel to the engine...First check fuses to make sure all are good...next have a helper crank engine while you listen for fuel pump to see if it is running...Finally remove intake hose and spray a bit of starting fluid down throttle intake ...see if car starts...if it does you have a fuel problem...if not you will need a scan tool to monitor RPM signal to PCM and other related data to get a correct diagnosis...If I can of further assistance please let me know...jeffrey590