Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

96 Suzuki Sidekick: It is getting fuel but no spark

I have a 96 Suzuki Sidekick, 1.8 motor. I came out the other day and it would not start. It is getting fuel but no spark.
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 8 years ago.
Greetings! First thing to do is check to see if the coil has power with the key in the on position. You can use a test light or a voltmeter.

Next step would be to see if its getting a ground signal trigger. This is done with a test light. But only you would hook it up backwards. Hook the alligator clip of the test light and hook it to battery positive, and take the tip of the test light and touch it the signal wire of the coil. (If you need a diagram let me know). The test light should blink when cranking over the engine if its getting a signal.