MikeD', Technician
Experience:  ASE Cert, AS Degree in Automotive Diagnostics

1999 Hyundai Sonata GLS: drivers door power window..clicking noise

Customer Question

The drivers door power window on my 1999 Hyundai Sonata GLS will not go up. It makes a clicking noise like a gear is stripped out. Sounds like motor is running......where do I take it locally, Kent, Wash., what does it need and what should it cost. Jed
Category: Car
Expert:  MikeD' replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer This is a common power window failure, the part is called a window regulator, it is a fairly easy job to do and any shop will be able to do this job. Unfortunately this is a website that spans the globe and we can not recommend local shops. But like I stated, any shop will be able to perform this repair. It should not cost you more then $200 to perform this repair. If you want to take it to a dealer, it looks like the closest one is in Renton.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You should state up front that you will not recomend local shops, that was an important part of the question. I have been bent over by the dealer many times and would not go there.
Expert:  MikeD' replied 8 years ago.
Yes I understand, Unfortunately even if an aftermarket shop does the work, the part will still need to be purchased by the dealer, it is a dealer only part.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I replied twice already it was not satisfactory.
Expert:  MikeD' replied 8 years ago.
Sorry I could not be of more assistance.