MR. FIX IT, Mechanic
Experience:  10 years of tearing down and putting back together

How to fix a cylender misfire on a 2000 chrysler lhs

Customer Question

how to fix a cylender misfire on a 2000 chrysler lhs
Category: Car
Expert:  MR. FIX IT replied 8 years ago.
try cleaning the distibuter cap also check all wires and make sure there not broke and that there secure by all the wires i mean plug wires and injector wires
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
not helpful i've already did do u have another advice and my trans mission is not shifting and its showing codes p0700,p0731,p0732,

how many miles are on it

while i look into the trans what all have you done to try and fix the misfire

is your speedomiter working

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the transmission had 60 000 miles when i replaced it in january 07 i've driven for 27000 miles so but yesterday it started not shifting when i start driving its shift but when i stop for the stop light it goes like googk then it stop shifting and stays in one speed for the misfire i have cleaned the cap and the spark plugs it was no broken ones but the transmission i don't know if i need to chance the output sensor or the whole transmission the computer reading gave theses codes p0300 to p0306,and p0700to p0734

your pcm might be bad (the computer)
did all this happen at the same time if you have all thoses codes on the transmisiion you got more than one sensor tripping

heres a list of possibilitys for the missfire

• Faulty spark plugs or wires
  • Faulty coil (pack)
  • Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
  • Faulty fuel injector(s)
  • Burned exhaust valve
  • Faulty catalytic converter(s)
  • Stuck/blocked EGR valve / passages
  • Faulty camshaft position sensor
  • Defective computer

and the only thing that links the two together is the computer try taking one from aneather car and just testing it and see what happens but thats what its sounding like

im sure you know whatthe codes mean but if you need i can tell you what they all are

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
is it the engine computer or the transmission computer can you be more specific and all theses codes poped up at the same time
the engine computer and the transmission computer are the same computer it is the pcm (protective controll modual)
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
so if its bad can it still be able to read errors

yes, if its bad it will give you the codes.

when they go bad they send false signals to the the parts of the car that controll how it runs causing it to act up and giving other codes

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i will go and check that in the morning where is it located on the 2000 lhs

not sure but theres only a few places they put them one is behind the dash in the center near the floor aneather is behind the kick panel on the passenger side or under the dash drivers side i can find out tomarrow and let you know for sure
its normally silver box about 8in by 8in and about 1-2 in thick

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok could find out and get back with me tomorrow please and i will go and checktoo and thanks i apraciate your help now i've got an idea of what to look for
no problem you might have to remind me in the morning but ill try to remember
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
hey how u doing ?
did you ever get a chance to find out where the tcm is located cause i've seen 2 computers in mine a big one and a little be the small can you tell me wich one is so i can see if thats the one causing problems
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
is there sombody else online to answer my question