Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.
9795573

I hear a roaring sound in rear and also car rear end is very low

Customer Question

i hear a roaring sound in rear and also car rear end is very low
Category: Car
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 8 years ago.

Hi, I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. I don't know if you are a pro or a novice so we may have to fine tune the answer.

It sounds like a bad bearing. Jack it up and use a mechanics stethoscope on it. This should allow you to determine if it is a wheel bearing or a pinion/carrier bearing. This method of checking it out can save lots of time. If you have any more questions I am here to help. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
is there such a thing as air compressor rear supsenion ?
Some rear suspensions have what they call air bags that the rear end uses for springs. These have air compressors on them to keep the air bags full.