Rich, Technician
Experience:  ase certified, mitsubishi certified, kia certified and landrover certified technician

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport radio display says OFF. what do I do?

Category: Car
Expert:  Rich replied 8 years ago.

You have to leave the radio on for one hour, undisturbed. This is because the radio is locked out, once the timer runs out after an hour the radio will display code, at this point you just enter the security code. Make sure the radio remains undisturbed for one hour. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Do you have any information on the Codes? The ones i have do not work
Expert:  Rich replied 8 years ago.
I can not get the code because our dealerships policy says it is because it is a security issue and they need proof of ownership.I can tell you what to do to get it. You have to get the serial number off the radio and have the servce advisor at the dealerhip run he number through the computer and it will give them the code. The serial number is XXXXX a sticker on the top of the radio. I would get the number and just drive up to the dealer and ask them right there.