98 GMC Sierra 1500: What trick is there to get it off?

Customer Question

How do I remove the front fan on my 98 GMC Sierra 1500. What trick is there to get it off?
Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
There is a special tool that you will need to remove the fan clutch from the water pump. Basically what this tool does is uses the four bolts that you removed to hold the pulley so that you can unthread that fan clutch assembly. Here is an illustration of these items as they come apart.

Object Number: 107967  Size: SH

You should be able to check with your local auto part stores to see if they possibly rent a fan clutch removal tool out. I know autozone does rent this type of tool. Let me know if you still do not understand or have further trouble!

Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.

Sorry, its against company policy for me to contact you outside of this site. There was a problem with the illustration I sent. Here I will try again.

Object Number: 107967  Size: SH

Let me know if you have any problems! Good luck!