Rich
Rich, Technician
Experience:  ase certified, mitsubishi certified, kia certified and landrover certified technician
10415458

How do I replace rear brakes on my 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

How do I replace rear brakes on my 2000 Hyundai Tiburon?
Category: Car
Expert:  Rich replied 6 years ago.

Hi Sara, were you referring to the rear brake pads?

Rich

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I was referring to the rear brake pads.
Expert:  Rich replied 6 years ago.

Brake Pads

Hyundai Car 1999-05

Removal & Installation

1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
  2. Remove or disconnect the following:
    • /12
    • Wheels
    • Caliper mounting bolts
    • Caliper
    • Brake pads and retaining clips

To install:

1. Install or connect the following:
    • New pads and retainers
  2. Compress the caliper piston using special toolNNN-NN-NNNN
    • Caliper. Tighten the mounting bolts to 16-24 ft. lbs. (22-32 Nm).
    • Master cylinder with clean brake fluid and bleed the hydraulic system
    • Wheels
  2. Remove or disconnect the following:
    • /12
    • Rear wheels
    • Caliper mounting bolts and remove the caliper
    • Brake pads and retaining clips

To install:

1. Install or connect the following:
    • New pads and retainers
    • Wheels
  1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
  2. Remove the wheels.
  3. Remove the caliper mounting bolts and remove the caliper.
  4. Remove the brake pads and retaining clips.

To install:

1. Install new pads and retainers.
  2. Remove fluid from the master cylinder until it is half full.
  3. Compress the caliper piston using special toolNNN-NN-NNNN
  4. Install the caliper. Tighten the mounting bolts to 16-24 ft. lbs. (22-32 Nm).
  5. Fill the master cylinder with clean brake fluid and bleed the hydraulic system.
  6. Install the wheels.
  2. Remove the wheels.

To install:

1. Install new pads and retainers.
  6. Install the wheels.
  1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
  2. Remove or disconnect the following:
    • Rear wheels
    • Lower caliper mounting bolt and rotate the caliper upward
    • Pads from the caliper support
    • Pad retainers, if necessary

To install:

1. Install or connect the following:
    • Pad retainers, if removed
    • Pads onto the pad retainers
  2. Compress the caliper piston using a C-clamp. Rotate the caliper downward and install the mounting bolt. Tighten to 16-24 ft. lbs. (22-32 Nm).
  3. Install the wheel.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Rich

Rich, Technician
Experience: ase certified, mitsubishi certified, kia certified and landrover certified technician