Mauricio
Mauricio, Technician
Experience:  15 years working in all makes and models
12133139

Location of spark plugs on 2004 Kia Optima 2.4L DOHC engine?

Category: Car
Expert:  Mauricio replied 6 years ago.

Hello

Spark plugs are locate on the top of the engine.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have purchase a KIA/magentis 2004 service manual for $129.00. I have search on the engine. I hve not located the spark plugs. Where on the top of the engine are the spark plug located?
Expert:  Mauricio replied 6 years ago.

You may have to remove the plastic cover on the top of the engine, the plugs are located under.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have the plastic cover off the top of engine. All I found were 4 fuel injectors. Where are the spark plug located in reference to location of fuel injectors?
Expert:  Mauricio replied 6 years ago.
You need to remove the spark plug wires and the plugs are located on the hole under the wires.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If I knew where the spark plug wires were located, I believe I could locate the spark plugs. Please explain.
Expert:  Mauricio replied 6 years ago.

This is how look like a spark plugs wires.they are locate right on the top of the engine, they may be all black.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sir: I regret I has to disagree with you. I am 73 years of age.I have owned many cars during my lifetime. I know what spark plug wires looks like. There are no such wire on top of my 2004 KIA engine.
Expert:  Mauricio replied 6 years ago.

I'm sorry you are correct, I had bad info on my data base.

Here is the pictures of your coils,

You should have four coils on the top of the engine. the are a square box with a harness connect to each coil.

Related Parts
Wireset

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I believe we are getting close. I have located the four coil. Now where are the spark plugs located in ref to the location of the coils?
Expert:  Mauricio replied 6 years ago.

You need to remove the coils the plugs are under the coils.

Mauricio, Technician
Experience: 15 years working in all makes and models