Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2000 buick lesabre: driver side power..the window regulator replaced

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Buick LaSabre. The driver side power has stopped working and won't go up or down (it is currently in the up position). There isn't any sound from the motor such as I have experienced on numerous occasions when I had the window regulator replaced. How do I replace the driver side power window motor?
Category: Car
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
Front Side Door Trim Panel Replacement (early-before VIN YU314737, Y4272437)

Removal Procedure

Tools Required

J 36796 Clip Zip Tool
J 38778 Door Trim Pad and Garnish Clip Remover

Object Number: 441757  Size: SH

1. Remove the inside door handle bezel.
  2. Remove the upper door trim panel (1).
    2.1. Use the J 38778 in order to release the push in retainer at the top of the upper door trim panel (1).
    2.2. Lift upwards in order to remove.
    2.3. Disconnect the wire harness to the tweeter.

Object Number: 441755  Size: SH

3. Remove the door lamp or reflector.
  4. Remove the fastener located at the rear of the door lamp or reflector opening.
  5. Use the J 36796 or the J 38778 in order to release the retainers (2) around the outside edges of the door trim panel.
    Object Number: 501585  Size: SH

6. Use theJ 38778 in order to disengage the male portion of the two piece fasteners from the cages on the door trim panel.
    6.1. Push each fastener in the direction of the arrows.
    6.2. Allow the fasteners to fall into the inside of the door trim panel.
  7. Slide the door trim panel upwards approximately 30.0 mm (1.17 in) in order to release the door trim panel from the retainers.
  8. Disconnect the door trim panel wiring harness.
  9. Remove the door trim panel from the vehicle.
    Object Number: 617274  Size: SH

10. Use long needle nose pliers in order to depress the tabs on the spring clips.
  11. Slide the black plastic retainers off of the spring clips.

Installation Procedure

Object Number: 492306  Size: SH

1. If installing a late production door trim panel to a early production door, proceed to step 11.

Insert the black plastic retainers into the mounting bracket on the inside of the door trim panel.

Object Number: 501643  Size: SH

2. Install the male portion of the door trim fasteners into the cages on the door trim panel.
  3. Connect the door wiring harness to the door trim panel wiring harness.
    Object Number: 441755  Size: SH
  4. Align the door trim panel to the armrest pull cup retainers (1).
  5. Snap in the retainers in order to secure the center of the door trim panel to the inner door panel.
  6. Pull on the armrest in order to ensure proper fit.
  7. Install the door trim panel with the 3 load assist fasteners at the lower edge of the door panel.
  8. Secure the door trim panel around the outside edges with the retainers (2).
  9. Press outboard midway between the top of the door trim panel and the armrest in order to secure the top rail on the door trim panel to the window inner belt seal strip.
  10. Go to step 19.
    Object Number: 667687  Size: SH

11. Begin the installation procedure here if replacing an early production door trim panel with a late production door trim panel.

Remove both armrest retaining clips (4) from the door assembly.

12. Install a small section of sound deadening material such as 3M® Silencer Strips, P/N 08585, or the equivalent over each of the two armrest push-in nuts (5).
    Object Number: 735737  Size: SH

13. Remove the two locator pins (4) from the late design door trim panel assembly.

Use a pair of diagonal cutters to cut off the two locator pins (4) as close to the panel assembly as possible.

Object Number: 611593  Size: SH

14. Align the door trim panel to the door.
  15. Ensure all nine door trim panel retainers (3) are in position.
  16. Push in both sides of the door trim panel starting at the upper corners, down to the lower corners and then along the bottom of the panel.
  17. Press outboard midway between the top of the door trim panel and the armrest in order to secure the top rail on the door trim panel to the window inner belt seal strip.
    Object Number: 667672  Size: SH

18. Install a self piercing sheet metal screw, M4.2 x 19 mm (#8 x ¾ in), through the trim panel bracket in the inside door handle opening to the door.
    Object Number: 611593  Size: SH

19. Install the fastener at the rear of the door lamp opening (2).

Tighten
    Tighten the fastener (2) to 2 N·m(18 lb in).

20. Install the door lamp. .
  21. Install the inside door handle bezel.

Important: Use a new push in fastener when reinstalling the upper door trim panel (1). This prevents the upper door trim panel from rattling against the door frame.

Object Number: 441757  Size: SH

22. Install the upper door trim panel (1).
    22.1. Connect the wire harness to the tweeter.
    22.2. Insert the tabs into the slots on the door trim panel.
    22.3. Insert the push in retainer into the hole in the door frame.

Object Number: 428644  Size: SH

• Peel the water deflector down far enough in order to access the window clamp bolts.
  • Tape the window in place.
  • Through the access holes in the inner door panel, loosen the window clamp attachment bolts 4 revolutions.
  • Lower the window regulator 3/4 of the way down.
  • Disconnect the electrical connector from the window regulator motor.
  • Remove the window regulator to inner door panel fasteners (1,2,3).
  • Remove the window regulator.
  •  

Object Number: 508156  Size: SH

• Remove the power window motor to window regulator fasteners (2).
  • Remove the power window motor (1).