Mauricio
Mauricio, Technician
Experience:  15 years working in all makes and models
12133139

How do i drain my gas tank on a 2k chrysler town n country

How do i drain my gas tank on a 2k chrysler town n country so i can install a new fuel pump
how much fuel on the tank?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
half a tank
Do you check for power on the pump conector?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no i did not, however the horn relay and the fuel pump relay are the same number, i tested the horn, it was ok, so i swaped relays and tested horn again and it worked, so its not a bad relay, if thats what your getting at
  1. Release fuel system pressure, refer to the Fuel System Release Procedure.

1. Insert a 1/4 inch siphon (max. O. D. 5/16) hose from a portable fuel siphoning tank through the fuel filler neck opening into the fuel tank. Hose most have a 30 degree angle cut on the end to bypass the check valve in the end of the filler neck. Refer to the siphoning tank's Manufacturing Instructions.

See: Fuel Tank

1. Drain fuel from fuel tank into siphoning tank
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok cool, Ok to try this first, as i put in a 1/4 hose with a hand pump, but didnt have the angle cut on it.. it is 10pm here I might go try it now, or I will wait till i get off work tomorrow, if it works, i will accept then? if thats ok

Ok thanks.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

ok so the one i bought already has the cut on it.. and there was no pressure on the fuel rail so as far as i know all pressure is released.. am i missing something? i still hit a dead end when pushing hose through. Im in colorado and its cool outside so the hose is fairly stiff do to cold, would a warm hose make a difference, or anything else you can think of?

Just follow the instrutions,if doesn't work you'll still can drop the tank with the gas in,this is easy tank to drop.

Thanks

Mauricio

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok im just worried, that as its just me n my wife, it might be a bit heavy. and i have no one to help me. but anyway, i will try one more time tomorrow, and try making the cut go at different angle points, tomorrow, if not ill drop the tank.. thanks slightly disappointed but grateful for your time.

Do you a couple floor jacks, use a piece of 2x4 to not damage the gas tank.

let me know how you make.

Thanks

Mauricio