Bob
Bob, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  40 year GM Tech. +30 Certified. ASE Master Tech.(expired, retired) Medium Duty, Heavy Line, Retired

my tire is leaning inward and it sqeaks when i turn the whe

my tire is leaning inward and it sqeaks when i turn the whell
Category: Car
Expert:  Bob replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my car is a 1983 oldsmobile cutless supreme....... 94.000 miles
Expert:  Bob replied 5 years ago.
Hello, if your car is a rear wheel drive, you will want to have the upper control arm and the ball joint on that side of the car inspected for breakage or being badly bent. Something on that side has allowed the camber adjustment to get knocked off by about a country mile if the wheel leans so much you can see it visually. Normally this is caused by bolts on the upper control arm that break off and allow the shim pack that is used for adjusting the front wheel alignment to fall out. But back in those years they did also build a cutless that was a front wheel drive system in which case the problem will be related to the upper strut mounting in the front suspension. Which ever it is, the car is going to need to have the front end aligned once repairs are made and I would really caution against driving it until it has been fixed, just to avoid the possibility of having an accident or having the rest of the front suspension collapse on it while going down the road. Thanks
Bob, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 40 year GM Tech. +30 Certified. ASE Master Tech.(expired, retired) Medium Duty, Heavy Line, Retired