Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

94 mazda 626 LX: alternator belt broke on my..diagram

Customer Question

alternator belt broke on my '94 mazda 626 LX and I need the diagram for replacement
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.
Hi there!Not sure if this will help.Give it a look!Thanks
ADJUSTMENT

See Figures 6, 7, 8 and 9

Click image to see an enlarged viewFig. 6: Typical alternator mounting and drive belt adjustment points
Click image to see an enlarged viewFig. 7: Typical power steering and A/C compressor mounting and drive belt adjustment points
Click image to see an enlarged viewFig. 8: Single accessory drive belt adjustment points with idler pulley
Click image to see an enlarged viewFig. 9: Measure the belt deflection between two pulleys along the longest span
1990-94 1.6L and 1.8L 4-Cylinder Engines
ALTERNATOR BELT
  1. Position a ruler perpendicular to the drive belt midway between the pulleys on the longest accessible belt span. Press firmly on the belt with your thumb to test the belt tension. The belt should deflect 0.31-0.35 in. (8-9mm) if it is new or 0.35-0.39 in. (9-10mm) for a used belt.
  2. If the belt tension is not as specified in Step 1, loosen the alternator adjustment bolt and the through bolt. Turn the alternator adjustment screw to adjust the belt tension.
  3. After adjustment, tighten the through bolt to 27-38 ft. lbs. (37-52 Nm) and the adjusting bolt to 14-19 ft. lbs. (19-25 Nm).
POWER STEERING AND AIR CONDITIONING BELT
  1. Position a ruler perpendicular to the drive belt midway between the pulleys on the longest accessible belt span. Press firmly on the belt with your thumb to test the belt tension. The belt should deflect 0.31-0.35 in. (8-9mm) if it is new or 0.35-0.39 in. (9-10mm) if it is used.
  2. If the belt tension is not as specified in Step 1, loosen the upper and lower air conditioning compressor through bolts.
  3. Using a suitable prybar against the compressor body, move the compressor until the belt tension is as specified in Step 1.
  4. After adjustment, tighten the upper and lower air conditioning compressor through bolts.
AIR CONDITIONING BELT
1995 1.6L Engines
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I need the one(s) specifically for the 1994 626 4cyl LX model WITH air conditioner...I believe there is a difference between that one and others
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.
OK,that's all I have so I will opt out and see if another expert can help you out.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks carguy1. I appreciate your willingness to get the best info for me!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.
You're welcome!Now let's just hope some one else has it!!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Ok. Any idea when I will have info?

Bill

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hello...I just want to make sure my credit card is not charged since we never resolved the answer to my question.

Please reply.

Bill

Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.
Sorry,I gues none of the other experts had the answer either.You card does not get charged as long as you do not click on accept.Sorry we couldn't help.