AlexGS
AlexGS, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  8 Years Experience. Electronics, Diagnostics. Assistant Manager @ All Makes Auto Service.
2858308

Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 2001. Turn signal flasher not working.

Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 2001. Turn signal flasher not working. Purchased the 10-lamp flasher part (Groto 44810). Need location on car to swap out old part for new.

Check behind the radio receiver.

Thanks.

Alex.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I looked behind the radio receiver assembly, both from driver and passenger sides. No sign of the flasher.

If you turn on the hazard lighs, do they work?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No.

I just talked to the dealer and they told me that it is located on the bottom left side of the instrument panel. To get to it, you need to take off the steering column insulation and the plastic cover under the steering wheel.

Thanks.

Alex.

AlexGS, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 8 Years Experience. Electronics, Diagnostics. Assistant Manager @ All Makes Auto Service.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks, AlexGS. This is not as straight forward as I'd hoped. I'll take a wack at it. Thanks again.

The flusher that you bought may look deferent from original. If you have thermal flasher and you bought electric, they will look different. Thermal flusher is round metallic.

This is Davo,a new expert.Do you know where the hazard switch is?If you do you know where the "flasher" is.That is an internal component of the hazard switch.Change the hazard switch and you should be good to go.