david
david, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Certified Master Technician,Certified in diesel & gasoline engines

help my car keeps cutting out when im at a stop light or

help my car keeps cutting out when i'm at a stop light or a stop sign. When i'm driving on the free way it runs fine. I had the gas filter, air filter, spark plugs, had injectors cleaned sensors also replaced and it still cuts out.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

98 eclipse

4 cyld

120000

changed spark plugs, timeing belt was changed in may of this year

sensores replaced

spark pluges replaced

fuel filter

added the cleaning stuff to a full gas tank

Expert:  david replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your question hope this helps.

This problem could be one of two things.

First the Torque Converter is not unlocking when you come to a stop.
This would turn on the check engine light. also you would feel a kind of lurch as you cane to the stop. (Is this the case)

The second is the gunk in the throttle-body.

The easiest way to clean the throttle-body

The product called combustion chamber cleaner.
You let the engine heat up, take the intake tube off the throttle-body, spray the whole can in while engine idles (stopping when needed to prevent engine from stalling), after can is empty stop the engine, let it sit for 29 to 30 min, start it up letting it idle for 10 minutes or so, then drive aggressively for few miles to clean it out. (note that you'll have LOTS of smoke during this time, but that's appropriate.

Hope this helps.
Good luck

david, Auto Service Technician
Experience: Certified Master Technician,Certified in diesel & gasoline engines