autotech155, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  29 years ,drivability brakes ,a/c,trans repair,engine repair

2003 mitsubishi eclipse gts: lost power..loses..head gasket

Customer Question

2003 mitsubishi eclipse gts 5 speed 3.0 liter 24 valve v6 I was just driving my car i took off made it through first and halfway through second and i heard a hiss and it lost power dramatically now its just in nuetral and when its in gear it is fine till about 4000 rpm and then it falls on its face and loses alot of power i cant figure it out im thinking either a head gasket or intake gasket or a vacuum line
Category: Car
Expert:  autotech155 replied 8 years ago.
Hello weclocome to JA IS this a turbo charged motor and if it is i would check the air intake tubes for loose clamps or hoses. Eric
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

That would be a very good answer thank you for that but my engine does not have a turbocharger

The only reason i said anything about a turbo is there was no mention in the ost. I would get some carb cleaner then spray arounf\d the the iintake and the injectors and see if you have a vacuum leak. Eric