Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Service Manager for Bridgstone/ Firestone
9949505

2003 chrysler: jump started..the cables the van died..speedometer

Customer Question

I have a 2003 chrysler town and country that the battery recently died on. We jump started the car and when we removed the cables the van died. At this point the speedometer and tacometer analog needles rotated until they rested on the stopper peg. With a new battery both of the speedometer and tach are still pegged out. How do I reset the needles back to Zero. I have already unhooked the battery for 12 hours
Category: Car
Expert:  autotech155 replied 8 years ago.
Hello welcome to JA, What has ti be done is a diagnotic scanner needs to be hooked up so thry can get into the bcm and run a gauges test and that wiould reset the gauges or you can remaove the iinsterment cluster and then turn it upside down and then wait for the gauges to flip back around and then instal;l it and it should work. Eric
Expert:  Tim West replied 8 years ago.
Thamks for choosing JA

Sorry for the delay
1. Perform a cluster self-test: Remove the ignition key. Press and hold the trip reset button in until the word "Sof" appears in the odometer. The cluster will perform a self-test and sweep the gauge needles. Then should work properly.
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Service Manager for Bridgstone/ Firestone
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks any idea how much I diagnostic test should cost.
I dont know what the delay was with this other expert jumping in as i though iwas the one aswering this guestion. Eric