MCVGreg, Master Troubleshooter
Experience:  25 + Years Working with Cars & Electronic Control Systems

1994 s10 Blazer 4 door. The power door locks are engaging

1994 s10 Blazer 4 door. The power door locks are engaging and disengaging in rapid sequence. Then eventually there is just a clicking like they are still trying to activate/deactivate. It doesn't stop until the battery is too low. It is an intermittant problem. Not predictable. Any thoughts?
Category: Car
Expert:  MCVGreg replied 8 years ago.

Hello & Welcome,

According to the information I have, there is a "Door Lock Relay Module" that controls the locking & unlocking of all the door locks. I will see if I can get you a diagram of its location.

What I suspect is that either that module is starting to go bad, or there is a loose or shorting wire that is causing the module to activate over and over again. If there is a loose or shorting wire, some more troubleshooting will be required.

Back soon with that diagram.

Thanks, XXXXX

Expert:  MCVGreg replied 8 years ago.

Hi again,

Here is the diagram of that door lock relay module.

What I would do is check first to see that the connector to that module is tight, and that no wires are loose in the connector going to it. If you don't find anything wrong in that area, just let me know and we can grab the schematic and connector diagram as start some more "advanced" troubleshooting. This will require either a multimeter or test light for looking at some signals.

Please let me know what you find.

Take Care, Greg A.