OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic
9051600

Stop sign..blind sided on the front right near head lights..40mph

My car was in an accident about one month ago i was creeping out from a stop sign and I was blind sided on the front right near head lights. The other driver did not have a stop sign and was going about 35-40mph. I was going about 10mph going to the left. My question, I received my car 08-30-08 drove about 100miles total no problems, next day, I shift into reverse and I am unable to move, then shift to park then reverse again then just as I'm ready to shift to park it pops into reverse. The same happens with drive. Is this problem also from the accident? Thanks!

Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer.

I would strongly suggest that you contact the shop who performed the work. It is likely that the transmission mount may have bend or the shift linkage is loose. This problem did not exist prior to the accident , it is most likely due to the accident.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm sorry, the transmission mount may have a bend? and or, the shift linkage is loose? I just want to make sure I understand the question. Thank you!
Yes one of the two is causing the problems that you are experiencing. This is caused by the accident that you were in. I would suggest that you contact the insurance company and let them know as soon as possible.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank You for your reply I hope I dont have a problem with the shop or insurance comp!

Thanks Again!