jwtruck76, Technician
Experience:  17 Years Experience Auto/Heavy Truck Repair

What is the fix please? 2005 Sebring convertible 2.7L.

Customer Question

What is the fix please? 2005 Sebring convertible 2.7L. Several electrical devices stopped working at the same time. AC blower fan, dampner?flapper motor, power windows and have a "air bag" error on dash. All other electrical devices work ok. Checked all fuses, cktbrkr in panel ohm'd out ok, interchanged same type relays in panel with no luck.

Got in car, started ok, all four windows went down ok, putting down the convertible top when noticed the problem. Suspect that when the top starts going down it lowers the windows a little automatically and with them already down it pulled to much of a load because I've seen the lights go dim before while lowering the top.
Category: Car
Expert:  jwtruck76 replied 8 years ago.

All of these devices are controlled by the BCM (Body Control Module). If all of the fuses and relays are good, there is a good possibility that the BCM is beginning to fail. The only accurate way to test is to connect to a diagnostic scanner.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Where is it located or is this another 9 bucks?
Expert:  jwtruck76 replied 8 years ago.

No we are only paid when you feel satisfied with our answers and hit the ACCEPT button. The BCM is located behind the lower dash panel on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is it something I can mess with or take to the parts store and buy inexpensivly? I looked there and removed the glove box to see all wireing and connections and didn't see anything like an important busy module. I saw the fan moter and a little device mounted on the duct wall. I at least want to check the connections to it.
Expert:  jwtruck76 replied 8 years ago.
Some auto parts stores have the capability of testing these units. Again, a diagnostic scan is really the only way to know for sure.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
oh at autozone they connected the check engine device and it passed with no errors. So is that device not the problem?
Expert:  jwtruck76 replied 8 years ago.
The "scanner" that auto zone uses is a generic OBDII code reader. It does not have the capability to read data from the BCM.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok, thank you
Expert:  jwtruck76 replied 8 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck.