CCTMSTR
CCTMSTR, GM Certified Master Technician
Experience:  GM Master Technician.ASE Master. Advanced Level L1.NV.State G2 Emission Inspector
5436117

2002 chevy: 8.1 liter,i had problems..stalling..10 minutes..fuel pump

Customer Question

I have a 2002 chevy hd 8.1 liter,i had problems with the motor stalling while in motion and would not start up right away after stalling i had to wait about 5-10 minutes before it would start up - i change the fuel pump and the problem went away for 2-3 weeks and started doing it again, what is my next solution to this problem. this to me is a serious problem especially when traviling the highways
Category: Car
Expert:  CCTMSTR replied 8 years ago.
Check engine lamp on?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the only thing that apears is the batery light as if you just turned the key to the on position no error codes either
Expert:  CCTMSTR replied 8 years ago.
If you don't have a check engine lamp on, the next thing would be to monitor data parameters with a scan tool,if that isn't possible and your looking for a a common failure it would be the CKP (Crankshaft Position Sensor).Located on the drivers side rear of the cylinder head mounted to the rear of the engine block