Darren, ASE Master Tech. With L1
Experience:  over 20 Years experience as tech Currently teaching auto repair Ford certified and Nissan Certified

2005 Infinity G35: It has 34,000 miles..lite came..CRUISE CONTROL..ON.

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 2005 Infinity G35. It has 34,000 miles and yesterday i was coming back from a small roadtrip and the VSD lite came on and I could not SEt THE CRUISE CONTROL ON. iT ALSO SAID " slip" dash. WHat would cause this? The car got home but the dash said service the car? Thanks! Jim,[email protected]
Category: Car
Expert:  Darren replied 8 years ago.

Hello joshua08jdones1,

Did you have anything done with the tires just before the trip or on the trip (any flat tires)? Or did you have any brake work done?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No nothing everything was perfect. I just checked the fluids and am adding them now . Wwill let you know. Hopefully the thing will reset itself . Jim
Expert:  Darren replied 8 years ago.

Hello Jim,

If the rolling radius of the tires is different on any of them it can cause this concern that is why I was asking about the tires. It sounds like you lost or have a concern with a wheel speed sensor. The next step would be to get somebody to read the codes for you. An auto parts house can normally do this for free. Once you have the code then you can go from there. I hope this helps. If you have anymore questions please email us again. Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I already accepted and paid for the answer from Roy a Nissan expert. Thanks to everyone else who responded. Although , the dealer (scanned for code)diagnosed the correct answer to be the need of a new throttle body and accelerator sensor on the pedal or something like that and one of the wheels was close to needing new pads. Thanks again. Great service!!