GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Auto Service Tech
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2001 bonneville sle: climate control..out cold air..blower

I have a 2001 bonneville sle with climate control. when it works it works great and puts out cold air but some times it will not come on. the ac compressor is running and the controls say it is ok but the blower does not come on. any ideas?
WelcomeCustomer Is it only when you are using the AC that the blower is intermittent?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No, I had an issue in winter also. I was told I was low on fluid and that took care of it. My fluid level is fine now and do not see any other issue.

When the motor will not work, does changing the speed do anything?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No. The display shows that a change was made but no response. Changing the temp level doesn't do anything either. It may work just fine one day and then not at all the next. It will work leaving home and then not work the next time I get in the car. I am in sales and will be in and out of the car several times a day.
I was meaning the fan speed. When you change it does the motor work again?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No. Changing fan speed or temp makes no difference.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Next time it quits, go under the right side dash and hit the motor. This might work. Other than that, I suspect the HVAC controller. I don't think it is the blower processor because when they quit, I have never seen them work again.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I did it and that worked!!

Ok. Replace the motor.