jwtruck76
jwtruck76, Technician
Experience:  17 Years Experience Auto/Heavy Truck Repair
11929435

2000 intrigue: smoke comes..It also cuts ofaf while driving

Customer Question

I have a 2000 intrigue and it has become very hard to start and when it does a white cloud of smoke comes out. It also cuts ofaf while driving. I Have taken it to the mechanic but they are unable to find the problem. Do you know what the problem maybe?
Category: Car
Expert:  jwtruck76 replied 8 years ago.

White smoke usually indicates oil being burned in the combustion chamber. Do you know if the mechanic performed a compression test?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am not sure if he performed a compression test.
Expert:  jwtruck76 replied 8 years ago.
I honestly think the next step you should take is having a compression test done. This test will tell us alot about the condition of the engine internals and will likely reveal the source of the problem. If you have the compression done, ask the shop to record the compression on each cylinder and forward them to me. Thanks and good luck.