Msgtperrin
Msgtperrin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified
10932846

2000 olsmobile alero leaking coolant ont he ground

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Msgtperrin replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thanks for using JA,

What type of engine do you have and what side of the engine is leaking coolant. Please

let me know and we can further diag it.

Thanks msgtperrin

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it has a 4.5 and i think it is coming from the passenger side

HiCustomer/p>

Thanks for the response.

I am showing the vehicle has either a 3.4 or 2.4 engine. When you replaced the thermostat housing was it on the passenger side or drivers side. Please let me know.

Thanks msgtperrin

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i believe it was on the passenger side and it is a 2.4 sorry for the misinformation

HiCustomer

Its ok. On this engine there is a couple of places it can be leaking from on the passenger side. First is the housing that you replaced. I know this is a silly question but did you put a new gasket on and it is installed correctly. I have seen these off just a little and leak. Recheck the hose clamps and sometimes they leak from underneath and you may have to install new ones. Also check the coolant bypass hose. It is located on the back of the engine at the top. I have seen these leak and check the clamps and make sure there are no holes in it. Please let me know what you find.

Thanks msgtperrin

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok i will let you know what we find. Thank You so much for your help!!!!

HiCustomer

Ok let me know and we can further diag this.

Thanks msgtperrin