Ivan
Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.
10772012

95 roadmaster: first start..it sputters for a bout one city block, I`v

I have a 95 roadmaster, Apond the first start of the day or after it has sat for several hours the aceleration it sputters for a bout one city block, I`v had fule system checked, plugs and wires replaced. I will do th opti-spark but I was thinking could it be the computer ?

HelloCustomer As the owner of a LT1 engine myself, I can tell you that you are most likely right on the money. The opti-spark can give you that issue. If you replaced everything else, that even makes it more of a possiblity. They do fail and very seldom leave any codes in memory. The computer is probably OK and I would replace that opti-spark before replacing the computer. My car has 202,000 miles, I'm on my second optispark and the original computer. If my car sits for a week or so, I get a misfire that clears up. I know my issue is the optispark, but I don't feel like installing a third yet. I think your opti-spark will fix your issue.

Your JA Expert,

Ivan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Yea that`s what I thout.

thanks.

You're very welcome. It is the joy of the LT1. Let me know If you need anything else.

Ivan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Ivan, I`m thinking of a hypertech programer for the roadie(lt1 roadmaster) and wanted know if the clames of perfomance and ecconome are true. Also do you think buying one used is good idea, and what to look for in a good one.

It's a good idea. I've got one on my 94 Caprice LT1. It's a great source to alter you fuel curves as well as shift points. Even turn on the cooling fan sooner. Do it,you'll be happy. The Hypertech will serve you well. By that one.

Ivan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you my computer craped out on me. I`m looking at a used hypertech, is thair any troble to look out for in used unit.

Thanks.

The biggest thing to look out for is when you upload the new program, your old program gets stored on the unit. If the programs were reversed so the new program was returned to the unit, you may be OK. It should work. I don't think the VIN is locked after reinstalling the new program. Do yourself a favor and call hypertech and ask them if the unit can be swapped to another vehicle. You may have to send the unit back to them to erase the vin, but by calling them they will tell you if that is necessary.