Clayso, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years experience full service, all makes and models. I fix cars.

1995 Olds: like a sputter, like its not getting a constant supply

We own a 1995 Olds Royale eighty-eight with approx. 98K miles. After driving the car for a while (usually an hour or so) it will start to choke out a bit, sort a like a sputter, like it's not getting a constant supply of gas. I have heard that this is indicative of a fuel pump beginning to fail. Does this sound right? And, if so, do you have to drop the tank for access to the fuel pump? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi there. Yes it sounds to me that your fuel pump is failing from what you have said. Yes you have to drop the tank to access the pump, run the tank near empty it will be easier to deal with.