JOHN
JOHN, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15YEAR IN THE BUSINESS
11259967

1998 Oldsmobile Regency: 3.8L..V6..heated..white smoke out the back

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Oldsmobile Regency with a 3.8L V6 SFI engine. It over heated for like 5 minutes one day then started blowing white smoke out the back and will not turn over anymore. It has been tested for a blown head gasket and that isnt what it is. A mechanic has it now and has replaced the Palenum gasket, injector O'rings, Lower intake manafold, and spark plugs. It started twice for him but when he turns it off it wont turn over again. We also tried a new battery. Someone told me somthing about a restart button. Sounds crazy to me but im no mechanic.
Category: Car
Expert:  JOHN replied 8 years ago.

I WOULD HAVE HIM REMOVE SPARK PLUGS AND CHECK FOR COOLANT

THE ENGINE MAY HAVE VAPOR LOCK FROM INTAKE BEING BAD

IF HE REMOVE PLUGS AND TURNS OVER ENGINE IT WILL SPRAY COOLANT AND WATER OUT OF CYLINDERS

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
but the plugs are brand new... they were the last thing tried on my car so far...