jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

2003 Saab 9-3 Linear: 2.0t..power steering pump..power steering system

My 2003 Saab 9-3 Linear 2.0t has a seal leak between the engine and power steering pump. Causing oil to get into the power steering system and leak out of the top of the power steering resevoir. I was told by the dealer that I cannot just buy the seal. I need to replace the entire pump. This is about a $800+ job.   How true is this.

you need to replace the pump assy , that is true.....but the price is way too can save big by getting a used pump from a salvage yard or try Gold Wing used Saab parts on the web....If I can be of further assistance please let me know...jeffrey590
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks. XXXXX had the time to do the job myself, or find a smaller shop that could order put in the recycled part for less I would. I am getting ready to leave for deployment in a few weeks. So I have a thousand other things to take care of right now and I need peace of mind that the car will be ok for my wife to drive while I am gone.

You are very welcome...Thank you and Good Luck...jeffrey590