Bob H
Bob H, Ford Senior Master
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 23 years automotive experience, Shop Foreman
11265011

My 02 explorers abs light is on. Diagnoastic codes are b2900

My 04 explorer's abs light is on. Diagnoastic codes are b2900 and c1440 - what do these mean? - Correction '04
Category: Car
Expert:  Bob H replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer I hope this information will help you with your decision. Code B2900 is a VIN mismatch code which basically means the ABS module is not configured right and doesnt contained the vehicle VIN for thr vehicle it is in, most likely it was changed and the information was downloaded to module. Code C1440 is a brake pressure switch failure it probably just needs the switch on the master cylinder, we did have some problems with them. NEITHER ONE OF THESE PROBLEMS IS MAJOR AND BOTH SHOULD BE UNDER $200.00 TO FIX.

Thanl You for using Just Answer. Please remember to click the BLUE ACCEPT button and leave positve feedback so that I receive credit for helping you.