Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

I need to know how to change my 2005 Saturn Vue (with the ...

I need to know how to change my 2005 Saturn Vue (with the Honda engine) spark plugs. I removed a connection where I thought the plug may be. But a long tube came out of the engine so I reinstalled back the way it was. Thanks Tom
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.
Hi there!Is it the 2.2 L 4 cylinder engine?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.
2.2L Engine
  1. Disconnect the intake air temperature (IAT) sensor connector
  2. Loosen the clamp at the air cleaner assembly
  3. Remove the push-pin attachment from the outlet resonator/duct assembly to support bracket
  4. Loosen the clamp at the throttle body assembly
  5. Remove the outlet resonator/duct assembly
  6. Disconnect the EI module electrical connector Click image to see an enlarged viewResonator/duct assembly removed Click image to see an enlarged viewIgnition Module attachment bolts
  7. Remove the ignition module attachment bolts
  8. Remove the ignition module housing assembly with the spark plug boots from the spark plugs WARNING To avoid getting water and debris into the spark plug holes, used compressed air and a shop rag to blow out each spark plug hole before plugs are removed.
  9. Remove the spark plugs using a spark plug socket.

To install:

NOTE Do NOT coat spark plug threads with anti-seize compound. If anti-seize compound is used and spark plugs are over-torqued, damage to the cylinder head threads may result Click image to see an enlarged view2.2L engine with spark plugs removed
  1. Gap the spark plugs to 1.14mm
  2. Install spark plugs and tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm). Click image to see an enlarged viewApply dielectric compound to the spark plug boots
  3. Apply dielectric compound to the spark plug boots and ensure no corrosion is present
  4. Install the ignition module housing assembly with spark plug boots into position and tighten the ignition module-to-camshaft cover bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm)
  5. Connect the EI module harness connector. Push in until a click is heard and pull back to confirm a positive engagement.
  6. Position the outlet resonator/duct assembly into position
  7. Connect the PCV fresh air vent hose assembly
  8. Tighten the clamp at the throttle body assembly
  9. Position the outlet resonator/duct assembly up with support bracket and install the push-pin.
  10. Tighten the clamp at the air cleaner assembly.
  11. Connect the IAT sensor connector
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to carguy1's Post: Yes, it was on the outside of the tube and outside of the engine. The tube was probably within the cylinder.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.
Yes,that would be the coil.It sits over the top of the plug.If you take a flashlight and look down the hole,you should be able to see the top of the spark plug.You are in the right aea,just take the next step and pull the plug.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My engine is a six cylinder. Manufactured by Honda. Space is tight, but I'll and try to see if I can see a spark plug. Thanks