Brad
Brad, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
5135651

Test drive noticed a shake or vibration

At test drive noticed a shake or vibration. Purchased truck with condition they fix this shake. now they tell me Nothing can be done.Its frame beaming.
Category: Car
Expert:  Brad replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

I found a TSB related to a vibration on these that requires the Technicians to report to GM engineers anything they've found and what (if anything) they did to fix it. It states that this is especially problematic on these models equipped with Goodyear tires.

While there is no documented 'fix' just yet, this tells me that GM is aware of the problem and they are in process of finding a fix.

You really have three options here...

1> Try to get the dealer to buy the truck back from you

2> Find another delaership that is willing to spend more time on it, and be prepared to leave it with them for a pretty long period of time so they can get Engineers involved if necessary (they should provide a free rental).

3> Wait it out until a fix becomes available.

There seems to be a disturbing trend with manufacturers lately of 'build it first and fix any problems after the fact' rather than just getting it right the first time. This kind of makes me think of Microsoft and all of the problems they had with the Vista operating system!

Anyways.. regardless, make sure that it is documented on your repair orders that the vibration problems do in fact exist, or you might be out of luck with it later on.

Good luck!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there any legal action I could take against dealer ship that sold me this truck. Because they knew the day I finalized the purchase, and took truck home and left my trade-in.
Expert:  Brad replied 6 years ago.
Perhaps eventually you could... you'll need to do some research on 'Lemon Laws' in your state and perhaps this will get you somewhere, but in all honesty I think all they'll do is buy the truck back from you.

If it isn't in writing that they guaranteed they were going to fix it as a condition of the sale, this might be a bit tougher.

You'd have an easier time getting their service department to document that they are aware of the problem, and then hound them with phone calls every day to find out if they've developed a fix yet. Eventually, they'll get tired of hearing from you and will want to make it right one way or another.
Brad, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Master Technician