Rich, Technician
Experience:  ase certified, mitsubishi certified, kia certified and landrover certified technician

2005 LR3.. amber suspension fault message... the truck

2005 LR3.. amber suspension fault message... the truck has lowered itself and cannot be raised..... what gives?

Rich here, Land Rover tech,

The air suspension on this truck is a complicated system and you will not be able to fix it at home just for the fact of the equipment needed just to communicate with the systems computers. One thing you can try to get on the road is to cycle the key from off to on 10 times. Depending on the fault in the system this will make the fault historical and allow the system to operate again unless the fault is a hard fault and can not be cleared before repair. One thing you can check at the house is to see if the air compressor is coming on, we do have a high failure rate of those. It is located under the truck on the drivers side encased under a black plastic cover in front of the rear wheel on the outside of the frame. If you start the truck and listen in front of the rear wheel you should hear a compressor pumping noise, if not it is probably bad and the new one will likely need a new software programmed in when replaced.The dealer is the only one who is going to have that.But maybe this will help you to be able to drive it in.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks Rich.. the compressor is history... but I like to know what I'm dealing with... thanks soooo much for your quick, and correct answer... hope this isnt going to cost an arm and a leg! :)

A reman compressor is around 460.00 and a new one is around 730.00 in parts. please leave me feed back if you have the time.

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Oh Hi Rich.. didnt expect another answer, so I just saw this... Thanks so much... now I have another question... Is there anyway to "pump up" the air suspension manually with a compressor or something.. so I can get it to sit a bit higher, say... until I can trade it in!!!!!!