Elated Technician
Elated Technician, ASE Advanced Master Technician
Experience:  16 yrs exp, Auto/Diesel Associates degree, ASE Master w/ Advanced cert, Saab Master and BMW level 4
10750527

2005 Saab 9 3 Arc: radio went..fuses..the turn signals..signals work

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Saab 9 3 Arc. The radio went out, no power, all fuses are okay. Also the audio for the turn signals is gone but signals work. Any suggestions?
Category: Car
Expert:  Elated Technician replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

I would like to help with your Saab question.

The most common issue with the 9-3's stereo's is there is a fault in one of the optical bus causing the system to be inoperative. What that means is that all the modules in the stereo system must work in order for the stereo to work. Generally there is an amplifier that fails a lot (AMP 1) and causes a break in the optical net work. If all the fuses look good, the only real next step is to take the car to a good Saab repair shop for further dianosis. This can take a few hours normally- expect diagnosis to cost at least $200. Parts and installation will be additional and will vary on the failure.

The reason the turn signals don't sound is because the noise is created by the audio system and sounded through the audio speakers.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.