Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Service Manager for Bridgstone/ Firestone

97 ford aspire: front end..that gets louder the faster..wheel bearings

Customer Question

i have a 97 ford aspire. it has a front end noise that gets louder the faster you go i replaced both front cv joints did not change at all.the wheel bearings are good were do i go from here.i also checked rear wheel bearings,also i jacked up front of car and started th motor and put it i gear ran the speed up to 30+mph and could not hear the nosie. with it on the ground driving th noise starts at about 10 mph and gets louder the faster you go
Category: Car
Expert:  1997DodgeNeon replied 5 years ago.

Here is something I would try what shape is the tires in condition wise? If the sound starts when the wheels are moving but not when the wheels are in the air maybe to problem might be in the tires a broken belt of radials or something like that maybe take tires off front and switch them to back does sound go away or still heard from behind

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it has new tires all the way around put on the same time i put the cv joints on

Have you checked to see if rotors are out of round, maybe something as simple as wheel covers maybe take them off and see if the sound stays or goes maybe something as simple as an object stucking the tread like a rock or something, don't take it the wrong way but I have over looked things as simple as a new set of wheel covers are a little loose and making a sound, if I may ask is there anything that you might think of that may have changed to the vehicle before the noise came, I try to think of things that I might have done or had done in the past that might lead up to it. I am running things through my head of what might be your troubles I will think of anything else that might come to me.

Hi there I was wondering if the information I gave you was helpful or not I hope I can help you fix your problems with your vehicle let me know if I can help you anymore.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Expert:  Tim West replied 5 years ago.
Hi would you like someone else to try?