Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.

how do you remove the a/c expansion valve on a 2002 acura rsx type S

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  Ivan replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer The expansion valve is bolted to the evaporator. Follow where the lines travel into the vehicle. On the heaterbox you will see a plastic cover that is bolted to the box at the same general location as to where the lines come into the car. Unbolt that cover. That is the expansion valve cover. You will unbolt it through the access hole left after you disconnect the lines from the evaporator housing and you'll slide it out from the opening created by removing that cover.

Your JA Expert,

If you feel that I've helped you at all, please press accept. That's how I get credit. Thank you.