Doc Automotive
Doc Automotive, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Re-Certified Technician/Advanced Automotive Diagnostic Technician/27 yrs.Experience,All Makes

I have a 1999 GMC Sonoma, 4 cyl. There is a 20amp fuse in ...

I have a 1999 GMC Sonoma, 4 cyl. There is a 20amp fuse in the black box under the hood, that seems to be tied to the computer. It doesnt happen all the time but often enough, your driving along and the motor just dies, will not start. There is no check engine light when you turn the key on and you don't hear the fuel pump, it's that fuse again, I change the fuse and off I go....its telling me something else must be up. Any Ideas?
Hi, doc here,GM expert. Which fuse is it? The inside of the cover will identify the fuse.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi Doc,
        Thanx for writing. I just went out and looked and the fuse in question is marked:
Any idea's why this one would blow once in awhile? Is this fuse tied into the air cond. compresser in any way?
The fuse ecm b it tied to the fuel pump, PCM, and VCM. Fuel pump could have an internal short. Here is the wiring diagram. I'll put my bet on the fuel pump circuit. graphic