Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.

2001 Saab: dealership said they had put in a sport muffler

I just had my Saab 9-3 2001 Saab 5-door''s REAR muffler replaced. I noticed it is loud. The person at my Saab dealership said they had put in a "sport muffler" instead of the regular muffler and that is why it was loud. He said it would be more expensive to put in the regular muffler. I would think the sport muffler is more expensive and that he is just trying to get out of replacing the muffler for me, because I don''t like the sport one! Help me out??

Hello,Customer If you don't like it, make him replace it. He should have given you the option to save money by installing the "sport" muffler. If the other was more expensive, it was your choice to make not his. If you don't like it, make him exchange it. If it's more let him quote you the difference. If your not satisfied, he has to correct the situation. Good luck.

Your JA Expert,

If you feel that I've helped you at all, please press accept. That's how I get credit. Thank you.