Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue: gls 3.5L..driver side vents..Passenger side

I have a 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 3.5L engine. It has dual controlled air for Driver/Passenger. The driver side vents are blowing hot air and the Passenger side is blowing cold air. Both sides are set to 60 degrees. All fuses are good. What can be the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

There is an actualtor on the left side of the heater box. Would be level to about where your knees are when your driving. That is what controls the temperature blend door. Here is what it looks like;

View Full Image

Sometimes you can tap on them and they will start to move again, (like the one in my girlfriends 99 pontiac) A new one would have to be bought from a GM dealer and they are about $85. Being it is an electronic part, I don't recommend using one from a salvage yard, thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Super mechanic's Post: Right under the dash there is a little black box with wires connected to it that looks like something should plug into. Is this it?
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 years ago.
Yes, that should be it. Right under the dash, around the middle of the heater box.