Scott K
Scott K, ASE Master Tech/Instructor
Experience:  20 yrs exp. Electrical; Driveabilty; Undercar; Airconditioning. Domestic and Foreign.

I have a 2007 Pontiac G5 with the 2.2L and need to ...

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Pontiac G5 with the 2.2L and need to find the IAT sensor.
Category: Car
Expert:  Scott K replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer,

The IAT is part of the mass air flow sensor(MAF), the MAF sensor is located in the intake tube between the throttle body and the air cleaner.

If you need the pin out chart to tell which wires are for the IAT let me know

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I do need that pin out chart. Can you show a diagram of exactly where that sensor is? I mean there is only one plug that goes to the intake that it? Does it have 5 wires? I am connecting a performance module and if i use it i have to leave the thing unpolugged and it messes with my traction and other stuff. Bad idea or not?
Expert:  Scott K replied 8 years ago.

Yes it is a bad idea, this "performance module" is just a fixed resistance to fool the ECM into thinking the temp is cooler than what it is and then the ECM dumps more fuel.

You can't leave it unplugged the 3 of the 5 wires still need to be connected to sensor.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: LF

Object Number: 647974  Size: CH

Wire Color

Circuit No.

MAF Sensor Signal

Ignition 1 Voltage

Low Reference

IAT Sensor Signal

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
May I ask why it is a bad idea? Could I connect the other 3 with extentions?
Expert:  Scott K replied 8 years ago.

You would need to cut the factory harness for the 2 IAT wires and reconnect the MAF connector,

The MAF sensor also works off of air temp to calculate air flow, that is why these 2 are together, if you fool the ECM the you are also fooling the MAF.

Dumping fuel is a bad Idea, fuel is expensive, It can damage other parts such as the convertors which are also expensive. Your engine will run as if it is in open loop, where it is not fuel effecient.

The only correct way is to tune the entire engine management system to compliment each other, If you gain performance you sacrifice fuel ecomomy.