Ironmike, ASE Master Tech, L1
Experience:  30 years GM certified, Ford certified

1995 Chrysler: my vehicle..check engine light comes..noticable

my vehicle is a 1995 Chrysler town and country. The check engine light comes on frequently. Sometimes there is a noticable loss of power. Also, sometimes it will die but can be started again after a short wait. I heard of how to obtain a code from the check engine light and came up with a series of flashes in the following sequence: 1, 2, 2, 1, 5, 5.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ironmike replied 8 years ago.

With this 95 Chrysler cycling the key to get codes you count the slow flashes then the fast like this. _____ _____ _ _ this would be 22. 12 starts the codes and 55 is the last. If what you counted is a 22 code that would be a problem with the coolant sensor, the circuit and or the cooling system. Is the vehicle running hot , what is the gauge reading. Running hot could cause the vehicle to lose power. These vehicle are known for fan problems.

Good luck Mike

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ironmike's Post: The cooling system seems fine. the van doesn't overheat and the fan does turn on when the vehicle warms up.
Expert:  Ironmike replied 8 years ago.

I just read over what I wrote last time and gave you the wrong code. It seems by the way it is typed I should have said code 21 (1, 2, 2, 1, 5, 5. ). Sorry. I have seen o2 sensor cause codes to flash and run funny. The car is old enough , I would recommend trying the upstream 02 sensor, the down stream hardly ever go.