autotech155
autotech155, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  29 years ,drivability brakes ,a/c,trans repair,engine repair
9735467

few miles..neutral..shifting..awhile.have the ohm spec..diagram

Customer Question

have a 2002 leganza with a trans problem after driving a few miles an come to a stop the trans dropes into neutral an wont go ether direction.but the shifting is good when moving.shut the car off an let set a few min an start back up a the trans will pull again for awhile.have the ohm spec for the solinoids if it sounds like a solinoid problem.if it is where can i fond the wireing plug diagram instide of taking the trans aprt to test the solinoids.
Category: Car
Expert:  autotech155 replied 6 years ago.
Hello welcome to JA. Does the check engine ligh come on? If it does i need to know what th codes are and we may be able to fix your car without having to guess. Eric
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes P0700
Ok i will have to look up the code and get back with you. Eric
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can you help as i know what the code is transmission system malfuction an the light stays on will not clear.
Ok you will have to have some tests done to find out if you have an internal problem or a sensor problem the code does not say anything but tans malfunction problem,you cant guess on this and the bst thing to do is take it to and trans shop and have them test it. Eric
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i have worked on cars an trucks for about 30 years myself in truck shops an in automotive shop an now i work out of my own shop.an even the best mechanic need help from time to time.got this deawoo in an cant found anything to help guide thu an testing.i was serching the web for help an ran across the just help site an asked the question.i ohm all the solionds an done all the checks that you do to other trans with all checking ok that is way i asked someone else.called all the loc trans shops in the area an even in cinn ohio an no help due to the fact its a deawoo not a toyota or something else.i gess i will put this car back together an send back to the owner. thank tim
Ok With that code its really not saying a lot as far as info i can try nad cal the dealer and see if i can get you some info . Eric